The Best Private Streaming Platforms For Business
We’re all familiar with the idea of broadcasting publicly to as many people as possible, but what about private streams? The best private streaming platforms allow you to reach a specific audience in real time and have more control over your live streams.
Private streaming is ideal for meetings, conferences, training sessions, and more. But with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the best private streaming platform for your business needs. In this article, we'll take a closer look at the top private streaming platforms for businesses, highlighting their features, strengths, and weaknesses to help you make an informed decision.
Why would I want to create a private stream?
There are many reasons why you would want to create a private stream, but let’s start with the workplace. The last few years have shown us that working remotely is more viable than a lot of businesses had anticipated.
A meeting or training session can be easily attended securely and remotely from home, a cafe, or even another country.
You may also want to create a private stream that is monetized behind a paywall. This will only allow paying users to get access to your private content.
Private video streaming platforms like StreamingVideoProvider ensure that your content is always safe and secure when streaming privately.
Here are some key features to look out for when choosing such platforms for secure video upload and streaming.
- Password protection — Lock your video behind password protection
- Geo & IP restrictions — Broadcast only to specific locations or networks
- Hotlinking Protection — Prevent your content from being shared externally
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) — Stop ticket sharing and unauthorized access
- Video encryption — Stop people from downloading your content
What are the best platforms for hosting private live streams?
If you are looking to stream or host your content privately, there are some great options for you to consider. Let’s take a look at some of the best private video hosting services.
StreamingVideoProvider is a flexible and versatile broadcasting platform that comes with a number of features for private hosting of videos and private broadcasting of live events.
The platform supports all of the key features mentioned above, such as password protection, geo restrictions, dynamic watermarking, and 2FA. Your content is also secured via 128-bit AES encryption. New features are constantly added to further secure your content.
With domain access restrictions, your embed codes will only work on whitelisted domains. This stops your content from being on display on websites that you haven’t approved.
You can host private videos and stream privately — both SVOD content and live broadcasts can be made private easily.
StreamingVideoProvider uses a super-fast global CDN (including China coverage). This helps deliver your content quickly and securely.
The platform also features adaptive bitrate streaming. This means that your private audience will have an optimal viewing experience on any device.
If you are looking to go all out with the quality of your private content, rest assured — our platform supports H.264, AAC, and 4k UHD video and audio.
- Supports password protection, geo restrictions, and 2FA for security
- Uses 128-bit AES encryption to safeguard content
- Domain access restrictions to prevent unauthorized sharing
- Ability to both host private videos and stream privately
- Super-fast global CDN for quick and secure content delivery
- Adaptive bitrate streaming for optimal viewing experience
- Supports H.264, AAC, and 4k UHD video and audio for high-quality content delivery
- Flexible monetization options, including pay per view, subscriptions, rentals, and even custom paywalls
Another platform that is worth considering for streaming your private events is Dacast. Your live event can be easily set up by configuring referrer group options or creating a password requirement for viewers.
Dacast also supports the hosting of SVOD content, stored within a private playlist.
A simple yet effective security measure for your private stream or stored video content is password protection. Once enabled, your viewers will need to enter a password to view your content. This can be easily configured and is a great first step to securing your content for private broadcasting or hosting. The platform supports streaming to China.
You can also configure Dacast’s monetization options to have tiered subscription packages. This is a good option for private content, including access to streams and VODs. The file sizes available vary per plan.
- Live events can use referrer group options or password requirement for viewers
- Supports hosting of SVOD content
- Password protection for private stream or stored video content
- Monetization options for tiered subscription packages
Muvi is a live streaming and video hosting site/platform that provides convenient tools for monetization and security.
The platform gives you the ability to use watermarking and multi-DRM to ensure your content is only being viewed by the right audience.
Muvi uses a content management system that grants you full control over your content, but it takes a while to get the hang of for new users.
Like the other options here, Muvi allows you to monetize your streams or videos in a number of different ways. You are free to create subscription tiers and grant varying levels of content access.
Muvi also delivers content through a global CDN, but coverage in China isn’t currently supported.
- Monetization tools for streams and videos
- Watermarking and multi-DRM for content security
- Content management system for full control over content
- Ability to create subscription tiers with varying levels of access
- Global CDN for content delivery to audiences worldwide
Brightcove is another platform worth considering. It supports both SVOD and private live streaming.
The platform is created with larger groups and organizations in mind. If you are a larger business looking to stream training sessions or meetings, for example, Brightcove is worth keeping in mind.
Brightcove uses a global CDN but doesn’t provide coverage in Mainland China, which is something to consider before committing.
Adaptive streaming is also supported for a consistent viewing experience. The tiered subscription packages allow you to configure Brightcove to meet your exact requirements.
- Supports SVOD and private live streaming
- Created for larger groups and organizations
- Global CDN for worldwide content delivery, excluding mainland China
- Adaptive streaming for consistent viewing experience
- Configurable tiered subscription packages
YouTube is the most popular free video hosting platforms, but did you know it allows private streaming and hosting? Although YouTube is very limited in what you can do, this free platform might be a good starting point for beginners.
If you are looking to find out how to do a private live stream, the process is quite simple. YouTube Live allows you to start a private live stream and invite your audience via email or social media.
You can also share links if the content is set to unlisted, which means that anyone with the link can view your private VODs or streams.
YouTube has very strict community guidelines and terms of service. This means you will need to follow these rules to keep your account active.
As for monetization, the only option available to you is advertisements. This is assuming that your channel meets YouTube’s Partner Program requirements.
These requirements include having more than 4,000 watch hours in the last 12 months and having a channel with more than 1,000 subscribers.
It is not possible to create subscription packages or password protect videos.
- Share links for unlisted content that anyone with the link can view
- Invite your audience via email or social media
- Only monetization option is advertisements through YouTube Partner Program
- Not possible to create subscription packages or password protect videos
Let’s take a look at some of the key privacy features offered by private live streaming platforms, and see how they compare.
|Custom Subscription Tiers
|Password Protect Videos
|Enhanced Privacy / Security Features
|Starting Price (/mo)
|2FA, Password, Geo, IP & Domain Restrictions, Hotlinking Protection, 128-bit AES Encryption, Dynamic Watermarking
|From $45 /mo
|AES encryption, Geo, IP & Domain Restrictions
|From $19 /mo
|Watermarking, Multi-DRM, Video Encryption
|Standard $399 /mo
|Watermarking, Video Encryption, Token Protection, DRM.
|From $199 /mo
|2FA, basic encryption, and basic privacy features
Most premium streaming platforms will allow you to monetize your private streams. You can choose to grant access only to your paying subscribers or one-off viewers.
YouTube is one of the best free platforms that allows private streaming. It does lack the advanced features that businesses need. But for personal use, you can easily and quickly get up and running with your stream and share invites out to your select audience via email.
You are in full control of your content when using a professional private streaming platform, such as StreamingVideoProvider. You are free to change your access settings from private to public (or vice versa) at any time.
If you are using a premium streaming platform, you can configure your videos to require a password. In the case of StreamingVideoProvider, you could also configure your subscription tiers to have varying access to different playlists that you have created.
On platforms like YouTube, you can share access to private streams or videos via email invitations.
Although YouTube is a good free option that covers the basics of private streaming, it can also be very limiting. The benefit of using premium private streaming software is that you have full control over your content’s visibility. You also don’t have to worry about censorship or breaking strict terms of service agreements.
Premium platforms also offer comprehensive security features and video analytics that you won’t find with any of the free solutions. These platforms will always be the best private live stream options due to their feature set and customization options.
There are many different restrictions and privacy options that you can make use of. These ensure that your content is only reaching the intended audience. StreamingVideoProvider is a fantastic way to connect with teams and individuals. No need for complex configuration or setup — many private streaming platforms are ready to use in a matter of minutes.
References & Further Reading
If you want to find out more about private live streaming and video hosting solutions, check out these links.
- Q&A About Private Video Sharing
- How To Set Up A Private Live Stream on YouTube
- How To Create A Private YouTube Channel
- How To Monetize Your Videos Without Relying On YouTube
- How To Password Protect YouTube Videos
- How To Live Stream A Conference
- How To Create An Online Graduation Ceremony That Stands Out
You Can Start A Private Stream Right NowTry It Free