Introduction to Pay-Per-View Videos and Playlists
Pay-Per-View Playlists give you an unique opportunity to charge your users/clients for watching videos from a playlist, embedded in your own website. For using our Pay-Per-View module Pay-Per-View Licence is required.
1PPV licence allows you to publish 1 PPV (Pay-Per-View) playlist.
We have done all the leg work for you and you can start selling in a matter of minutes without any hassle.
This is how an active PPV Playlist looks like. You can access the Pay-Per-View Playlist module from My Panel
If your PPV License has expired the playlist turns red and a PURCHASE LICENCE button shows up. Click on it if you need your PPV Licence renewed.
PPV Playlist Buttons Explained
[ Publish ] and [ Withdraw ] - Thses two buttons allow you to add or remove a particular video from your playlist. When publishint a video you have 2 options - either to publish it right now in your PPV Playlist, or to postpone the publishing. If you decide to publish it with a delay, you will have to specify START DATE AND TIME and END DATE AND TIME
[ PPV ] - Here you can setup PPV settings and activate tickets for each video. For more information read PPV Settings. The other buttons under Options are explain in TV Channel Playlist:Options. To learn about the video table, please read Single Players
- Click here to upload a new video to your PPV Playlist. To learn how to do it, please read our article Upload Video
- Click here to preview your PPV Playlist and publish it on your website. Please read our detailed article PPV Playlist Publishing to learn more.
- From here you can edit the information you have put when creating your PPV Playlist.
- Setup your PPV Orders. For more information, please read are detailed article PPV Orders Explained
- Delete your PPV Channel !
- Click on this button to create a new PPV playlist.
This page will open if you do not have a valid PPV Licence:
If you have a valid PPV Licence you will acces General Playlist Settings and Playlist Ticket Settings. Here you ca setup general options for your PPV Playlist.
General Playlist Settings
PPV PLAYLIST NAME - Name your playlist
POSITIONING OF THE UPLOADED VIDEOS - List latest uploads at the top of the list means the next uploaded video will appear at the top of the video list. List latest uploads at the bottom of the list means the next uploaded video will appear at the bottom of the video list.
MANUAL/AUTO PUBLISHING - Manual publishing means you will need to press Publish Now button before the video becomes live to your PPV Channel viewers. This option allows you to preview the video and check for any errors before it goes live.Auto publishing means the video will become live and visible to your PPV Channel viewers as soon as it gets successfully encoded by our transcoders.
URL PLAYLIST EMBED LOCATION - This is the exact url location where the playlist is published. Our system automatically should detect the url so you do not need to specify it BUT if your viewers do have problems when returning from PayPal or from links within the emails they receive, you may need to manually specify the url.
What you need to do ?
- 1. Publish the playlist on your website (click on Preview & Publish, copy and paste the code in your website to embed the playlist.
- 2. Go to your website where the playlist is shown and copy the entire url address from your browser.
- 3. Paste the url in this field.
Playlist Ticket Settings
The PPV Playlist use a Ticket System. The clients/users of your website will need to obtain a ticket before watching videos from your PPV Playlist.
There are 4 types of tickets you can setup:
- Single PPV Ticket – you can specify a single pay-per-view ticket price for each video. The viewer will be able to play one video with the purchased ticked.
- Playlist Ticket – you can offer your viewers an additional option to purchase a Playlist Ticket and give them access to selected PPV videos within a specific PPV playlist. The viewer pays to purchase the ticket once and is able to use it for any of the selected videos in the playlist.
- Global Ticket – if you have more than one Playlist, you may want to offer your viewers an additional option of purchasing a Global Ticket and accessing all the videos within your PPV account. You are still be able to exclude some videos if you want.
- Free ticket – viewer will be able to play your video free of charge without the need of going thru the checkout. All options can be mixed and matched on per-video basis.
When creating a new PPV Playlist you also setup Playlist Ticket Settings
PLAYLIST TICKET - Playlist Ticket allows the viewer to pay for this ticket once and then play any of the videos located in this specific playlist.
TICKET TITLE / LABEL - You can specify a custom label/title for the Playlist Ticket that will be appealing to your clients/viewers.
TICKET DESCRIPTION - This text appears above the ticket.
TICKET PRICE - Enter the Playlist Ticket price. This is the price your viewers will have to pay in order to purchase the ticket and gain access to all your playlist videos.
You can modify the price at any time. Changes take effect immediately and are applicable to new orders only!
TICKET EXPIRY PERIOD - This option allows you to setup expiry period for the Playlist Ticket. The viewer will not be able to play your videos if the ticket has already expired! The expiry period countdown starts from the moment of purchase.
Choose UNLIMITED to avoid any limits or specify a valid ticket period as follows:
Days - value between 1 and 30
Months - value between 0 and 11 (1 month = 30 days)
Years - value between 0 and 10
Only digits are valid!
TOTAL ALLOWED VIEWS - UNLIMITED means that viewer can use this ticket unlimited number of times to play your videos unless is further limited by the TICKET EXPIRY PERIOD. You can LIMIT the maximum number of times the viewer can use this ticket to play your videos.
- click on this button to prevew Playlist Ticket. If purchased, it will allow the user toi watch any video in this playlist.
This is how Playlist Ticket should look like:
- When you are done setting up your new PPV Playlist, click on Process. Your playlist will show up immediately under Pay-Per-View Playlists.